In November, 1980, Caruso Cabaret Productions was born, primarily to produce live theatre and went on to successfully stage forty-five shows in a ten-year period.
The decision to expand into the film and video markets called for a name change, so Caruso Visual Productions was incorporated in August, 1990.
Since then, CVPI (operating as “Caruso Films”) has produced corporate videos, commercials, music videos, feature films and television pilots.
- No Angel (feature) has been in distribution since 1992, airing in over 20 countries. It has aired on A&E, London Television, City TV, Super Channel, Movie Pixs, Drive-In-Classics and many more.
- Love Letters, A Romantic Trilogy (feature) was picked up by Alliance-Atlantis and has aired on Canadian television since 2002. This film has also sold to a half-dozen foreign territories.
- Tough Love (feature) Aired on Canadian Television (Super Channel)
- Bitter Circle (feature) aired on Canadian Television (Drive In Classics)
- Night Crawlers (short film/TV Pilot) Premiered at the Toronto Italian Film Festival.
- The Carlucci Brothers (pilot) TV comedy series based on a zany mob family is being considered for a potential series by a Toronto-based production company.
- Club Utopia (feature) Fabulous comedy that premiered at the Hoboken International Film Festival and was nominated for “best supporting actor” (Brett Halsey)
- Final Dance (feature) The Company’s first foray into “art films” is based on award – winning stage play “Couldn’t We Be” by Vladimir Milman.
- Risk Factor (feature) Action-Adventure flick featuring veteran action stars Jalal Merhi and Loren Avedon is being released on DVD and video-streaming.
All movies are now available on DVD and video-streaming.
Stay tuned for future developments !!!